This week for my Sunday Spotlight show I decided to change it up, and instead of spotlighting an artist or band, I spotlighted two local chaplains in light of Spiritual Care Week, which runs from October 24-30.
Spiritual Care Week gives opportunities for organisations and institutions of all kinds and types to recognise the spiritual caregivers in their midst and the ministry which the caregivers provide.
If you missed the interview- you can check it out below!
Plus, read more info about spiritual care week by heading to Spiritual Care Website
Spiritual Care Week/Pastoral Care Week is hosted by The COMISS Network: The Network on Ministry in Specialised Settings. The first Pastoral Care Week was held in October 1985. Since then it has grown beyond national to international proportions. The celebration of Spiritual Care Week provides an opportunity for chaplains and pastoral care counselors, educators and providers to share their story and to celebrate various ministries. More specifically, the established objectives of the Spiritual Care Week Committee outline the scope of Spiritual Care Week observance:
- To celebrate the education for and practice of spiritual care through professional chaplaincy and pastoral counseling.
- To interpret and promote pastoral care.
- To honour and celebrate all practitioners of pastoral care.
- To express appreciation to institutions and their staff who support pastoral care ministries.
- To publicize the work of pastoral care organisations affiliated with COMISS.
- To promote continuing education for clergy, laity, and institutional employees regarding the value of pastoral care.
Each year a new theme brings to the light a certain aspect of spiritual care as a focus. A new theme invites us to new and creative ways to tell the story of spiritual care.