Thursday 22nd July 2021 – Key Changes to the Intersport Townsville Triathlon & Multisport Festival.
Important Information for Participants
In the face of the current interstate border closures; lockdowns and major travel restrictions, it is with regret that we inform you of significant changes to the 2021 Intersport Townsville Triathlon and Multisport Festival. Please read the below information carefully, as you may be required to take action.
Unfortunately, the COVID-19 restrictions and the inability of out of region competitors to attend the Festival has had a significant impact on the ability to deliver an event schedule worthy of Australian Championship and World Qualification Status.
As such, event changes are as follows:
– Aquathlon and Duathlon will proceed as World Championship Qualification races, however they will no longer be Australian Championships.
– Sprint Triathlon – will proceed, however the bike course will be revised to 3 laps (21km). A Teams event has been added to the Sprint race categories.
– All Cross Triathlon – cancelled.
– Standard Distance Triathlon – cancelled.
– Participants in cancelled events; and/or those participants who are unable to travel to Townsville on event weekend due to current COVID-19 travel restrictions are eligible for a full refund and must request this by emailing email@example.com before 8 August.
– Participants who would like to transfer into the Sprint Triathlon (note: no prize money) are able to do so and will receive a refund of the difference of their entry fee, on request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 8 August.
Intersport Townsville Triathlon and Multisport Festival sincerely apologise for any inconvenience. These circumstances are sadly beyond our control and we appreciate your understanding and patience while we work through an anticipated high volume of queries.
Thank you to Tourism and Events Queensland, Townsville City Council, Triathlon Australia and the event sponsors for their continued support.